Individual membership of IPSoc is open (subject to committee approval) to any:
- Solicitor of less than 10 years' post qualification experience;
- Barrister of less than 12 years' call;
- Trade Mark Attorney with up to 6 years' post qualification experience;
- Chartered Patent Attorney/European Patent Attorney with up to 6 years' post qualification experience (this will be calculated from either the EPA or CPA qualification, whichever was attained most recently);
- Member of the Institute of Legal Executives of up to and including 8 years' admission.
Any person fulfilling the above criteria who wishes to join IPSoc must practice in the UK, whether in private practice or in house.
Applications for membership from individuals falling outside of the criteria set out above will be considered by the Committee on a case-by-case basis and the Committee will use its discretion to determine whether to approve the application.
The individual membership fee of £40 per annum (2014-15 membership year) is payable upon joining and for membership to continue must be renewed on an annual basis in November. Applications for membership may be made at any time; however there is no reduction to the fee payable for applications made during the course of the membership year. Please note that IPSoc is not able provide invoices ahead of payment of membership fees. However, should you require a receipt for any payment, please send a request to email@example.com; a receipt will be issued upon funds being cleared in IPSoc's bank account.
For further information on membership of IPSoc please contact the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)